Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 2: Summer Card Camp


Hello!  This afternoon I sat down with my daughter, Halle, and we both made a card using this weeks Summer Card Camp color combo.

Here's my card (with NO stamping...I can't even remember the last time I made a card without stamping)...



For the sentiment, I used some Basic Grey alphabet stickers as a mask on a piece of wood (I got mine here) and then inked over the top with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  Then removed the stickers and the natural wood color shows though.

And here's Halle's card...she was all about the stamping! How cute is that lobster holding the drink. ;)


Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Jeanette M. said...

I like the heart on the 'i' and how the wood looks on your card - adds a nice texture to it.
I love the cute lobster on Halle's card and I really like her sun. :)

Maria Fernanda said...

very cute!
oh, yours too, Mom! :)

joy said...

Love your card, and Halle's is just adorable. I'm sure she loves making cards with mommy!!

Lin said...

You are both so clever! Love that lobster balancing his drink!!

Latrice said...

Super cute!!

Elena said...

love both cards! yours is so graphic and bold - and halle's is darling - my daughter made a card this week too - so fun!

pcm said...

great cards!

Joy said...

Love this card, you have inspired me to create one for this weeks combo...so needed something to get me kick started...oh and Halle's card is super adorable..she is as talented as her Mumma! Hugs

Fifi-T said...

adore your hi card, it's soooo cute

Auntie Em said...

These are both such cute cards! I love the wood square on your card and all the pretty colours. The summer scene stamped card by your daughter is adorable!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Sharon D from Canada said...

Two super cute cards! I love yours, Kelly - CAS and fabulous!!! And Halle's is adorable - I love how she coloured the beach ball!

Gina said...

Oh my...your card is fabulous and so is Halle's!!! (soooo stinkin' cute!)

Ren-Yi said...

that card made my Halle just made me giggle. so fun that you both can share a mom-daughter moment :) i love your mask technique as well! just a wonderful card.

CalleLillyCafe said...

I love the idea of stamping on wood & using stickers as masks! So simple I love it.